Kasseri Chicken and Pork Molise (pictured) are the featured entrees of this week’s “Taste of Romeo’s Euro Cafe” dinner, hosted by chef Romeo Taus and his wife, Janice, on Thursday.
The weekly five-course dinner, held in a private dining room, highlights a rotating selection from the regular menu of the downtown Gilbert restaurant.
Oct. 8 “Taste of Romeo’s” menu:
- Feta Dill Fritters: A blend of gyros meat, feta cheese, fresh dill, spinach, and pine nuts. With yogurt sauce.
- Chef Salad: Turkey, ham, Swiss and provolone cheese, crisp bacon, artichokes heart, and olives on salad greens. Feta dressing.
- Kasseri Chicken: Sauteed chicken breast, pepperoncinis, kalamatas, roasted garlic, kasseri cheese, and black peppercorns layered with roasted red peppers in a marsala cream sauce.
- Pork Molise: Grilled pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon, roasted garlic, horseradish mashed potatoes, honey caramelized onions, and apricot-dark cherry sauce.
- Fantasy Cake: Layers of cheesecake, chocolate mousse, and Devil’s Food cake finished with dark chocolate and ground pistachios.
Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $27 per person plus tax and tip. Add five wine tastes for $10. RSVP: 480-962-4224.
Keep up to date on local food & drink news: Click here to receive a daily email of MXSW posts