The dinner will be held in conjunction with a release party for Double DBA, a new double-strength version of the California brewery’s flagship DBA.
The release party will begin at 5 p.m. with the tapping of Arizona’s first keg of Double DBA. There also will be a cask of FW’s Union Jack IPA.
At 6 p.m., the Chandler restaurant and craft beer bar will host the first official event from Cooking with Beer, a local venture from Rich Thompson and Gidi Goldberg dedicated to showing how beer and food can go together both in recipes and pairings.
The Thursday beer dinner menu and pairings:
- Course 1: Summer Berry Salad with Pale 31 raspberry vinaigrette. Paired with Pale 31 pale ale.
- Course 2: Asian BBQ salmon. Paired with Double DBA.
- Course 3: Beer-braised pork loin, rosemary mashed potatoes and beer gravy. Paired with Union Jack/Double Jack.
- Course 4: Parabola chocolate cake. Paired with Velvet Merlin.
- Finale: Your choice of Firestone Walker beer to end the dinner
The dinner is $40 per person. Tickets can be purchase at the Hungry Monk or through Cooking with Beer.