Free cookie at The Spot
Did you know The Spot gives out free cookies the first Tuesday of every month? No purchase is necessary – just stop by the cozy eatery on the northeast corner of Higley and Ray in Gilbert today to get a fresh-baked treat for yourself.
- El Palacio: $1 tacos, plus $2 Mexican draft beers after 3 p.m.
- Devil’s Advocate: $1 tacos, plus $1 domestic pints from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- House of Brews: $1.50 street tacos, plus $5 California beer pints
- Sandbar: $2 tacos, plus $2 Dos Equis & $4 house margaritas
- Secreto: $2 tacos, plus $2 Dos Equis drafts
- Tavern on Mill: $2.50 tacos, plus $3 Mexcian beers & $4 margaritas
Some of today’s non-taco deals:
- Hungry Monk: 59-cent wings, plus $2 Coronas, Tecates & Pacificos
- Nicantoni’s: Two 14-inch cheese pizzas for $16
- Babbo Italian: Spaghetti & meatballs for $5.99
- Coach & Willie’s: $2 sliders, plus $2 domestic pints & $3 craft pints
- Uncle Bear’s: Half-price pizzas; $2.50 drafts; $4 Guinness/Black & Tans
- Postino: Bruschetta & any bottle of house wine for $20 after 8 p.m.
- Cove Grill: Free kids meal with adult entree purchase
- Fat Willy’s: Free kids meal with adult entree purchase
Finally, some of today’s drink specials:
- Handlebar: $3 craft beers
- Il Vinaio: 2-for-1 beers and glasses of wine until 6 p.m.
- Mellow Mushroom: $1 PBR pints
- Irish Republic House: $3 craft beers; $4 house wines
- BoomBozz Taphouse: $3 craft beer pints
This week’s Taste of Romeo’s menu
Romeo’s Choice Skins, Greek Salad, Edice’s Feta Shrimp (pictured), Pork Molise and Dark Desire are the dishes that will be featured at this week’s “Taste of Romeo’s Euro Cafe” dinner at 6:30 Thursday. Cost of the chef-hosted dinner is just $25; add five wine tastings for another $8. RSVP: 480-962-4224.
Italian wine dinner at D’Vine Chandler
Check out the just-announced five-course menu – including foie gras-stuffed Guinea hen and crispy sweetbread casserole – for an Aug. 16 Italian Wine Dinner at D’Vine Chandler. The dinner is $65 and about half the seats already have been snatched up. RSVP here.
Pittsburgh Willy’s adds chili dogs
Last Friday’s chili dog promotion at Pittsburgh Willy’s proved so popular owner Randy Walter has added regular-size chili dogs to the Chandler hot doog shop’s menu. Get one for $2.50, or three for $5. P-Willy’s also offers a quarter-pound Big Willy dog with chili and cheese for $4.95.
Groupon alert: Sushi Room
Looking for a cheap deal on sushi? The Sushi Room in Chandler is offering a Groupon: $15 for $30 worth of sushi, Japanese entrees and drinks. The Groupon, good through Nov. 14, cannot be used for happy hour and other specials.
Don’t miss East Valley food & drink news! Get a daily MXSW email update here.