Arizona State has its work cut out for it in Saturday’s Pac-12 football showdown with No. 13-ranked Oregon State. So, too, do Arizona brewers in Beer Wars II at Lucky Break.
The Tempe neighborhood sports bars hosted its first Beer Wars earlier this month when ASU played Colorado. Eight Arizona beers competed against eight from Colorado, with Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter declared the winner.
This Saturday, it’ll be six beers each from Arizona and Oregon:
Beer Wars II
- Rogue Chocolate Stout vs. Papago Elsie’s Irish Coffee Stout
- Deschutes Obsidian Stout vs. Four Peaks Oatmeal Stout
- Full Sail Wassail Winter Ale vs. San Tan Rail Slide Imperial Spiced Ale
- Bridgeport IPA vs. Mudshark Desert Magic IPA
- Widmer Drifter Pale Ale vs. Four Peaks Pitchfork Pale Ale
- Bridgeport Kingpin Double Red vs. Lumberyard Big Rapid Red
All 12 beers will be $3.50 for a pint or a pair of 7oz samplers. Customers again will vote on the winner.