• My name is Jess Harter, and Mouth by Southwest (MXSW) is my blog about eating and drinking in the Phoenix metro area’s East Valley, a region of more than 1 million people that includes Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Ahwatukee, Apache Junction, and Queen Creek.
• I’m a professional food journalist who’s covered more than 1,000 Valley restaurants for the Arizona Republic, East Valley Tribune, Phoenix Magazine, Phoenix New Times, and other publications.
• I support MXSW by selling ads on this blog, but I write about news involving any East Valley restaurant for free. See my advertising info and ethics policy.
• The 120,000+ readers of this blog are my top source of local restaurant news. If you have some news, please share. You also can share news with me via Facebook or Twitter.
• While I’ve eaten plenty of gourmet foods like foie gras and A5 Kobe in the line of duty, my personal favorites are pizza, burgers, barbecue and craft beer.