• More than 780,000 people have visited MXSW for information about restaurants, bars, breweries, and other food-related businesses in the Phoenix metro area, especially the burgeoning East Valley.
• Before starting MXSW, I was a fulltime newspaper journalist for 26 years. My food & drink coverage has appeared in the Arizona Republic, East Valley Tribune, Phoenix Magazine, Sunset Magazine, Phoenix New Times, and other publications.
• MXSW exists thanks to the support of my sponsors (aka advertisers). If local food and drink coverage is important to you, please support these sponsors and let them know you’re a MXSW reader!
MXSW ethics policy
• I do not accept free food or drink, except for that offered to everyone (such as a restaurant offering free samples to all customers).
• I sometimes accept free admittance to food and drink festivals or other public events if necessary to provide coverage.
• I do not accept invitations to media-only or VIP events not open to the general public.
• MXSW only exists thanks to its advertisers. I make no apologies for supporting those who make MXSW possible.
• That said, I write about any food-related business I find newsworthy. A business does not have to advertise to receive coverage.
How to submit info
I welcome all press releases and reader tips about local food and drink news. Things I cover include (but aren’t limited to):
- Local restaurant openings
- Local restaurant closings
- Food- or drink-focused festivals and events
- Food specials and discounts