Romeo’s Euro Cafe in Gilbert holds its weekly ‘‘Taste of Romeo’s’’ dinner, hosted by chef Romeo Taus and his wife, Janice, in a private dinning room, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 30.
The dinners typically feature five courses selected from the restaurant’s regular menu. This week’s menu:
- Spanaki Balls: Balls of spinach, rice, mozzarella, and provolone, battered and deep fried. Served with chilled tomato sauce.
- Janice’s Kale Salad: With carrots, peppadew peppers, green onions, craisins, mushrooms, and roasted almonds tossed in a creamy honey-Dijon dressing. With herbed goat cheese fritter.
- Andalusian Baked Eggplant: Fennel sausage, roasted red peppers, pine nuts, spinach, red onions, scallions, and fresh garlic sauteed in olive oil and baked over eggplant with feta cheese (pictured).
- Spicy Apricot Chicken: Blackened chicken breast, smashed crispy potatoes, zucchini, grape tomatoes, balsamic Cipollini onions, and spicy apricot agrogolce.
- Intoxicated Love: Dark chocolate, Grand Marnier, milk chocolate, and Kahlua, white and milk chocolate layers kissed by Jack Daniels.
Cost is $30 per person plus tax and tip. Add five wine tastes for $10. RSVP: 480-962-4224.
Powered by Events Manager