Romeo’s Euro Cafe in Gilbert holds its weekly ‘‘Taste of Romeo’s’’ dinner, hosted by chef Romeo Taus and his wife, Janice, in a private dinning room, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 20.
The dinners typically feature five courses selected from the restaurant’s regular menu. This week’s menu:
- Peppers Spanaki: A sweet colored bell pepper halved then stuffed with mozzarella, spinach and brown rice, baked with tomato sauce.
- Bleu Caesar Salad: Tomatoes, spring onions, red peppers and capers, tossed with bleu cheese, Italian dressing on romaine lettuce with homemade croutons and anchovies.
- Milanesa: Lightly breaded pork cutlets with garlic-horseradish mashed potatoes, roasted pepper-garlic jardinière, and lemon wedges.
- Kasseri Chicken: Sauteed chicken breast, pepperoncinis, kalamatas, roasted garlic, kasseri cheese, and black peppercorns layered with roasted red peppers in a marsala cream sauce (pictured).
- Debbie’s Chocolate Concoction
Cost is $30 per person plus tax and tip. Add five wine tastes for $10. RSVP: 480-962-4224.