The weekly five-course dinners, hosted by chef Romeo Taus and his wife, Janice, in a private dining room, highlight a rotating selection from the regular menu at Romeo’s Euro Cafe in Gilbert.
This week’s dinner will be extra special, though. For the first time, it will feature an all-varietal wine lineup – in this case, Malbecs – so the price will be $50 per person (plus tax and tip).
April 16 “Taste of Romeo’s” menu:
- Greka: Baked feta cheese with sautéed whole garlic, olives, roasted red peppers, scallions, rosemary, and lemon peel with whole wheat pita chips.
- Broiled Chicken Salad: Grilled chicken tossed with artichokes, roasted red peppers, black olives, green onions, and walnuts with a lemon-mustard sauce.
- Sausage Sophia: Italian sausage with bell peppers, garlic, capers, mushrooms, pine nuts, zucchini, and scallions.
- Milanesa: Lightly breaded pan-fried pork cutlets. Garlic-horseradish mashed potatoes, roasted pepper, and garlic jardinière.
- Intoxicated Love cake: Dark chocolate, Grand Marnier, milk chocolate, and Kahlua, white and milk chocolate layers kissed by Jack Daniels.
Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. RSVP: 480-962-4224.
Keep up to date on local food & drink news: Click here to receive a daily email of MXSW posts